Class Information / Course Curriculum
Visit our CAD Training Course Schedule
for course availability, dates and pricing.
Architecture Essentials Courseware Description
This course covers the basics of Revit Architecture, from schematic design
through construction documentation. Students are introduced to the concepts
of Building Information Modeling and the tools for parametric building
design and documentation.
This course offers both imperial and metric hands-on exercises representing
real-world design scenarios.
The primary objective of this course is to teach students the concepts
of Building Information Modeling and introduce the tools for parametric
building design and documentation using Revit Architecture.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of Building Information Modeling.
- Use the fundamental features of Revit Architecture 2008.
- Use the parametric 3D design tools to design projects.
- Create detailing and drafting views.
- Create construction documentation.
- Use the presentation tools for presenting models.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for new users of Revit Architecture.
No previous CAD experience is necessary. However, architectural design,
drafting, or engineering experience is highly recommended. It is also
recommended that the student have a working knowledge of Microsoft®
Windows® XP or Microsoft® Windows® 2000.
Building Information Modeling
- Building Information Modeling
Revit Architecture Basics
- Exploring the User Interface
- Working with Revit Elements and Families
- Starting a Project
Starting a Design
- Creating a Basic Floor Plan
- Creating and Modifying Levels
- Working with Grids
The Basics of the Building Model
- Adding and Modifying Walls
- Working with Compound and Vertically Compound Walls
- Using Editing Commands to Add Walls
- Adding and Modifying Doors
- Adding and Modifying Windows
Loading Additional Building Components
- Adding and Modifying Component Families
Viewing the Building Model
- Managing Views
- Controlling Object Visibility
- Creating and Modifying Section and Elevation Views
- Creating and Modifying 3D Views
Using Dimensions and Constraints
- Placing Dimensions and Tags
- Applying and Removing Constraints
Developing the Building Model
- Creating and Modifying Floors
- Adding and Modifying Ceilings
- Adding and Modifying Roofs
- Adding Curtain Walls
- Creating Stairs and Railings
Detailing and Drafting
- Creating Callout Views
- Working with Detailed Views
- Working with Drafting Views
- Creating and Modifying Schedules
- Creating Rooms and Room Schedules
- Creating Legends and Keynotes
Presenting the Building Model
- Working with Drawing and Printing Sheets
- Managing Revisions
- Working with Titleblocks
- Creating Renderings
- Using Sun and Shadow Settings
- Using Walkthrough Technique
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and
duration may be modified
by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course
To find out more information about this course and schedule please complete
our contact form and we will
|Our training courses are AIA / CES
registered by the
American Institute of Architects Continuing Education Program
List all pages on Revit