Class Information / Course Curriculum
Visit our CAD Training Course Schedule
for course availability, dates and pricing.
AutoCAD MEP Piping Essentials Course Description
This course provides comprehensive AutoCAD MEP training on how to design, model, and make construction documents for a piping system used in commercial, institutional, and waste water environments. The hands-on exercises teach how to lay out systems from schematic design through to the design development and project construction documentation phases.
Suggested Course Duration: 1 day
Trial CD: Yes
Onscreen Exercises Included? Yes
The primary objective of this course is to teach students the basic functions necessary for creating a piping plan using AutoCAD MEP.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Create, label, and modify a process flow diagram.
- Create a piping model and define route preferences.
- Place piping equipment.
- Lay out pipes and fittings.
- Lay out symbols, lines, and inline annotation in ISO mode.
- Tag, schedule, and plot process flow diagrams and piping models.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for new users of AutoCAD MEP.
This course requires a working knowledge of a recent version of AutoCAD®, in addition to drafting, design,
or engineering experience. It is also recommended that the student have a working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows® XP or Microsoft® Windows® 2000.
Introduction to Piping
- Using AutoCAD MEP to Design Piping Systems
Working with Process Flow Diagrams
- Designing a Piping System
- Creating a Schematic Diagram
- Modifying a Schematic Diagram
- Using Schematics in Isometric Mode
Working with Piping
- Defining Routing Preferences and Piping Systems
- Adding Piping Equipment
- Adding Pipes and Pipe Fittings
- Annotation of a Pipework Model
- Using Sections and Elevations
- Creating and Editing Schedules
Creating a Construction Drawing
- Creating and Managing Plotting Sheets
- Publishing Drawings to DWF Files
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and
duration may be modified
by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course
To find out more information about this course and schedule please complete
our contact form and we will
|Our training courses are AIA / CES
registered by the
American Institute of Architects Continuing Education Program
List all pages on AutoCAD MEP